SEAMUS Electroacoustic Miniatures 2015: Sonic Haikus
DEADLINE: July 15, 2015 (CLOSED)
The SEAMUS Electroacoustic Miniatures Series is an annual album release of fixed-media works addressing a specific theme, which has been devised by the adjudication committee. The albums will be made commercially available via all major online music distributors as well as the SEAMUS website.
Compact works, such as the miniature or the Haiku, afford a paradoxical potency and clarity, yet complete in their miniscule form. Featuring everyday moments of human experience, they reveal profound associations, flashes of whimsy, humor, and unexpected moods, transcending the ordinary. This year’s theme, “Sonic Haikus,” invites composers to broadly consider these moments.
- All SEAMUS members are eligible and invited to submit one fixed-media composition (recordings of live performance pieces are not accepted).
- To be considered, the composition should not exceed three minutes in length
- There is no application fee.
- All submissions must be complete works (no works-in-progress).
- The submission must be received by July 15, 2015.
- Composers are responsible for all clearances and licensing required for materials they use in their submissions; SEAMUS will not pay for sample licenses of copyrighted materials. Please include brief program notes.
The adjudication committee will evaluate each submission based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the theme
- Creative and coherent exploration of thematic possibilities
- Technical quality
Submission procedures: [ms-protect-content id=”666,667,668,669,670,671,672″]